Mar 30, 2011

The Joys of Potty Training..


Griff starts preschool in September...hopefully. One of the requirements is to be fully potty trained. I am currently home from work for four weeks with a broken foot so I figured there was no time like the present. The process started over a week ago and until this morning I wasn't sure he was ever going to get it. I had tried everything but he didn't seem to be catching on. I thought. Every time I see Griffen needing to use the washroom I take him where he proceeds to cry, tell me he's scared, etc. I believe him and that's when it all begins. We have tried the iPad, reading, toys, and bribes but it hasn't been getting us anywhere.

Griffen's nanny, Ofelia came to live with us over two years ago when he first got diagnosed with allergies. I had originally planned on putting him in a dayhome while I was at work, but he was only one year old and I was concerned about him being around milk, eggs (he was allergic to eggs at the time), and nuts. So we decided on a nanny instead. Which was an awesome decision.
He loves her dearly and apparently listens to her better than me...
She came into the washroom this morning while Griff and I were having a potty training "discussion". He was crying and I was stumped. She informed me that two days ago, while I wasn't home Griffen told her twice he had to go number two, and went independently without an issue. Hmmmm. That changes everything. She also told me that for weeks now he tells her when he needs to pee and rarely has an accident. Awesome.

Apparently Cody and I have been played like a fiddle by our three year old. Including two trips to Walmart for spaceships, downloaded itunes movies, treats, and the list goes on. So the game plan has changed. If he can do it for his "YaYa" (that's what he calls her), he can do it for his Mommy. I'll keep you posted:)

No comments:

Post a Comment