Apr 14, 2011

The Drama continues....

We continue to potty train. And I am starting to lose my mind a little. He has number one down pat. Not an accident in over a week and wears gonchies to bed and wakes up dry. But we are struggling a bit in the other department. It involves me putting him on the toilet and leaving the room, listening to the following for the next half hour...

It begins with "I'm done", 0.2 milliseconds after he's on.. And continues with..

"Can I have a chocolate bar?"
"I need a drink of milk"
"Can I have the iPad?"
"Can I please just poop in my shorts?"
"I just accidentally peed on the floor"
"I need a blanket"
"I don't even want a toy"
"Please save me Mommy"

After all this, it ends with him unrolling the whole roll of toilet paper then hopping off the pot. He comes to find me (trying not to lose my mind), and asks "are you mad, Mommy?"

I'm not mad. Just figuring how much extra it's going to cost to pay off the preschool teacher to change his shorts.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Carrie, sorry poop training is ending up so hard! We used a potty training manual that was recommended by a friend who had the same poop issue with her son. It got so bad he actually was holding it for days just to avoid going on the potty. I can send it on to you if you'd like, there might not be anything new in it for you but might be worth a shot?
    -Tasha

    ReplyDelete